[squeak-dev] Chronology ancestry update

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 20:28:28 UTC 2016

Since I already have an update I wish to add to Chronology, I need to
get its ancestry minimally in order first.

Bert had the suggestion that we could carve out the Chronology MC
definitions from past Kernel packages and make an all-new ancestry for
Chronology.  I really like this idea, but it will take some time to do
it.

In the meantime, I wish to ensure the minimum ancestral documentation
is captured into the new Chronology packages.  If / when a
full-history carve out of Kernel into Chronology is complete, those
files can replace the ones we develop in the meantime.

Dave, I made new nodes, Chronology-Core-dtl.1 and
Chronology-Tests-dtl.1 are disconnected (we should probably move them
to Treated).

Also, what happened with KernelTests?  There was a duplicate ancestor
(dtl.306 and dtl.307) but 306 is not in the repository.  So, I hope
you don't mind, I felt the need to clean up this corruption so that
the SCM tools won't blow up when they go looking for that missing
ancestor.