[squeak-dev] UTCDateAndTime updated for Squeak trunk Chronology and Spur (was: UTCDateAndTime updated for Squeak 4.6/5.0)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Mar 7 05:21:38 UTC 2016

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 12:36:02PM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:
> UTCDateAndTime is a UTC based implementation of class DateAndTime with
> one instance variable representing the magnitude of the point in time,
> and another representing local time zone offset.

I have updated the UTCDateAndTime package to make it loadable in the latest
Squeak trunk and Spur.

A new Monticello repository is at http://www.squeaksource.com/UTCDateAndTime.
The home page (with a new SAR) is at http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6197.

Starting with an updated trunk image, you can load UTCDateAndTime in two ways:

1) Open the http://www.squeaksource.com/UTCDateAndTime repository, and load
the MCZ files in sequence beginning with Chronology-Core-dtl.3.

2) In a preferences browser, in category 'updates' set the 'Update URL'
preference to 'http://www.squeaksource.com/UTCDateAndTime', and do
world -> help... -> update code from server.

The main objective of UTCDateAndTime is to make DateAndTime conceptually
simpler, but a happy side effect is that it is also significantly faster
than the old implementation.

Dave