[squeak-dev] Re: cmdGesturesEnabled false -> no halos ?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 18:57:11 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 10:58 AM, marcel.taeumel <Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de>
wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I don't consider halos as being programmer-specific only. Any application
> can use it. I just recently tidied up "HaloMorph" and extracted the base
> class "SimpleHaloMorph." This should make it really simple for applications
> to use any custom halo for any specific morph in an application.

+1.  But then one would want to be able to filter-out the
programmer-specifc ones, is this easy?  And how the interface makes it
obvious to the user one can invoke halos is another issue.

But really I just want to say that occasionally in trunk halos will
scroll.  I attached halos to a transcript the other day, scrolled the
(rather full) contents, and the halos moved.

> Best,
> Marcel
>

> --

best, Eliot