[squeak-dev] preference to add Monticello merges to recent changes?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 23:13:15 UTC 2016

Hi Chris.

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Chris Cunningham <cunningham.cb at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 11:54 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>>     I often times find myself wanting to see the most recently loaded
>> changes after a package update.  How about a preference that would cause
>> Monticello to add changes to recent changes if loading a new version of a
>> package (but not if loading a package for the first time)?
>>

> Currently, Monticello logs all changes to recent changes, correct?

Yes.  Newly loaded source lives in the changes file. But I'm talking
about Utilities browseRecentSubmissions.

> That always struck me as weird - when replaying them, should I load the
> package, or replay the changes, or both?  Usually, of course, i had also
> made a few changes intermixed, which made the decision harder.
>
> If there was a way to select recent changes by Monticello package load,
> would that work for your use case?  No idea what kind of work that would
> involve, though.

I'm not interested in the recover changes/change list case here.  I'm
interested in "browse recent changes (R)" (Utilities
browseRecentSubmissions) including the most recent modifications obtained
by updating an MC package.

HTH
best, Eliot