[squeak-dev] preference to add Monticello merges to recent changes?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 21:52:04 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 7:50 AM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> I specifically do NOT want changes from loading MC packages to go into
> Recent Changes (R), because loading a package or updating my image
> blows away all the work in that list which *I* am doing.

That's why it should be a preference.  There are circumstances in which the
work one /is/ working on is communicated in Monticello packages.  So while
it may not suit your workflow, there are times when its absence very much
does not suit my workflow either.  If I'm working on, say, trunk updates, I
may very well want to see the dewltas form the previous update in recent
changes.

> If you want to see the differences from a package, just click MC's
> "Changes" button befor eyou load it, or if you've already loaded it,
> just diff it to its ancestor..

No.  That means I have to go back and interact with Monticello.  If I want,
it's perfectly reasonable for me to want to see these methods in recent
chaznges without having to go and select history and choose a version to
diff and diff etc.  Way too time consuming.

--
best, Eliot