[squeak-dev] Re: The Inbox: Morphic-nice.1134.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri May 6 15:50:37 UTC 2016

I think something like this should not be determined by a preference,
but by individual use-case.

Like, updating a Squeak5.0 image to latest trunk, it will take a
while, so when I come back and I see a desktop I won't remember what I
was doing or whether it finished...

By contrast, some other things which would otherwise be pesky alerts
are not there at all because, as modal, too pesky.

So, a global preference would force user to choose a system that was
too pesky or potentially not informative when we wanted it to be...