[squeak-dev] International text input on X11

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat May 7 00:58:02 UTC 2016

> On 06-05-2016, at 4:27 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     it's probably just the absence of a sources file.  I don't include it in the VMs on my site to save space.  Simply link the sources into the lib dir in the directory tree, or include the sources in the directory containing the image.
>
> Oops, it needs to go I'm the same directory as the VM, so e.g. add
>     cogspurlinux/lib/squeak/4.5-3692/ ]SqueakV50.sources

Not on any of my Pi’s it doesn’t; I normally run with the sources in the same directory as the image while developing - and of course , a deployed Scratch image doesn’t need them at all. I’m fairly sure the sources ought to be able to live in the local dir, the image dir, the vm dir and obviously somewhere there will be a place to specify any other location you like.

Another possibility is Yoshiki has an old version of Raspbian; old kernel from early last year (?) wouldn’t let us futz wit the timer thread priority without pain. It’s been a while since that was fixed but if you have an old Raspbian… except that ought to prevent the all-in-one system running. But this is unix, which is carefully designed to drive one to the edge of madness, so maybe you just had the wrong kind of egg for your breakfast last time there was a blue moon.

tim
Asking whether machines can think is like asking whether submarines can swim.