[squeak-dev] International text input on X11

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon May 9 17:43:48 UTC 2016

> On 09-05-2016, at 10:35 AM, Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org> wrote:
>
> The VM still does not display anything in the white window after I did
> apt-get dist-upgrade, and copy the .sources file to the same directly.
> (But I did not have an egg this morning).  I'll try some display
> options.  But also, it appears that the source code for the Cog seems
> to have the part I wrote for the composition input.  The goal may be
> nearer than I originally thought.

That’s really disturbing. I mean, no egg for breakfast?

No, seriously, there’s no way you ought to be getting strange display problems. So far I’ve never had them on dozens of Pi’s over dozens of release mixes of Raspbian and VM and image. And even many actual displays both real and virtual.

My suggestion for any serious Raspbian update is do  fresh load fro mPi central. I’ve read many people’s problem with inconsistent results of dist-upgrade and update and mixed up apt-gets and so on. Quicker to download/burn/reboot.

Aaand…. of course; built the new vm with hostwindowplugin included to respond to Levente and what do I get? blank white screen. Sigh.

tim
USER ERROR: replace user and press any key to continue.