[squeak-dev] Squeak w/o System Windows

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Wed May 11 11:54:33 UTC 2016

Hi, there!

For some reason, I was thinking about window management. Here is a little
experiment:  no-window-experiment.cs
<http://forum.world.st/file/n4894295/no-window-experiment.cs>

It makes several standard tools, i.e. the StringHolder sub-classes, open
without a window. You have to use Morphic's halo concept to
move/resize/close them.

<http://forum.world.st/file/n4894295/squeak-no-windows.png>

Only a few changes were necessary. By the way, it is challenging to get the
height of our main docking bar. MorphicToolBuilder >> #open:label: also
assumed that #open: returns a system window, which is not always the case.

Screen real estate for the win!! ^__^

Best,
Marcel