[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Graphics-dtl.335.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu May 12 03:44:09 UTC 2016

Marcel,

Could you please check if this works on Windows and/or Mac, and if so consider
moving to trunk?

In particular, check if this works on Windows:

    Display width @ Display height = DisplayScreen hostWindowExtent ==> true

I have the HostWindowPlugin primitives working on a unix VM but will need to
clean it up and post the patches.

I think that we had an earlier question as to whether the host window
decorations (title bar etc) should be included in window size calculations.
Based on the above test I would say that the answer should be no, neither
the VM nor the image should be aware of the size of any window decorations
that are added by a window manager. I expect that this policy should make
sense on Windows, OS X, and Risc OS, although I do not know for sure because
I am only looking at the X11 case.

Dave