[squeak-dev] Re: The Inbox: Graphics-dtl.335.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri May 13 23:51:37 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 07:27:52AM -0700, marcel.taeumel wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> nothing happens. I tried it via
>
> (DisplayScreen future: 5000) hostWindowExtent: 1024 at 768.
>
> which gives you 5 seconds to minimize the window.

Hi Marcel,

I get the same result on unix/X11, so it is not a Windows thing. The
window stays minimized, and when I reopen it the dimensions are 1024 at 768.

I'm not sure that this is a bug. The window extent is being set correctly,
but the new dimensions have no effect until we tell the the window manager
to reopen the window.

Are you seeing the same thing? If you reexpand the window after waiting
for more than 5 seconds, does it open with the new window extent in
effect? If yes, then I would say that this is reasonable behavior, and
not a bug.

Dave