[squeak-dev] International text input on X11

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon May 16 20:23:51 UTC 2016

I have not actually looked at the /usr/bin/scratch script, but I do know
that the use of /usr/bin/squeak (or /usr/local/bin/squeak) is already
overloaded depending on what flavor of VM was installed most recently. I
suspect that it would be better to have a /usr/bin/scratch script that
does exactly what you want it to do, possibly not relying at all on the
/usr/bin/squeak script.

Tim, when someone installs Scratch on their Pi, does that installation
include the VM? Or does it expect a VM to be installed separately? I am
assuming that the Scratch installation would include a VM and with the
Scratch plugins, and that you would not want other installations of VMs to
affect the Scratch application. Is that right?

Dave