[squeak-dev] International text input on X11

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu May 19 02:52:42 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 09:30:02AM -0700, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> At Sun, 15 May 2016 22:27:13 -0400,
> David T. Lewis wrote:
>
> >  - Test the VM. Tim, I need help on this. I do not currently have a working
> >    Cog build environment (Unbuntu/autotools/gcc version issues). Can you
> >    apply the patch from Yoshiki's email and see if your resulting Cog VM
> >    continues to work for you as expected on Pi with Scratch?
>
> And more testing would be nice.

Tim,

The attached sqUnixX11.c should get the HostWindowPlugin functions
working on Cog/Spur. If that is confirmed, I will commit to SVN oscog
branch and then we can follow up with the ImmX11 updates.

When you get a chance, can you please compile a VM with the attached
sqUnixX11.c and let me know if the following works on Squeak trunk
and Raspberry Pi:

        saveExtent := Display width @ Display height.
        DisplayScreen hostWindowExtent: 500 at 100.
        (Delay forSeconds: 4) wait.
        DisplayScreen hostWindowExtent: saveExtent.

Thanks,
Dave