[squeak-dev] International text input on X11

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon May 23 23:09:51 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 03:29:53PM -0700, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> I'll try to do that.   I haven't looked at the code but do you handle
> the case where the locale encoding is not UTF8 (e.g., ja_JP.EUC-JP)
> etc?

No, I made no changes to the logic except that it is conditional based
on the value of the compositionInput variable. I do not know if this is
the correct approach. I also found that the -compositioninput flag was
not working (it is supposed to set the compositionInput variable), so
I fixed that in sqUnixMain.c.

I am attaching a copy of the updated function so you can see it more
easily.

Dave