[squeak-dev] International text input on X11

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu May 26 00:48:06 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 11:31:02AM -0700, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 8:20 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> >
> > Yoshiki, I should mention that since my last email, I have also updated
> > the SVN oscog branch so that the -compositionInput option will work on Cog
> > and Spur. This means that we can apply the sqUnixX11.c patch for Cog and
> > Spur also, and it should now work the same as for the interpreter VM. But
> > I appreciate very much if you can first confirm that the patch works as
> > you expect on interpreter VM. Then we can apply the update for Cog/Spur
> > so that it can be used for Scratch on Raspberry Pi.
>
> In any case, I built an interpreter VM (of trunk, rev. 3730).  But I
> get an error:
>
> This interpreter (vers. 0) cannot read image file (vers. 6521)
>
> Any thoughts?

Image format 6521 is the 32-bit Spur image format used in Squeak 5.0.
A Spur VM is required to run this image. Tim's latest Scratch work is
updated to the 6521 Spur image format, so an interpreter VM can no longer
be used to run these images.

Squeak 4.6 and earlier will work with the interpreter VM, and I expect that
an older Scratch image should work also, although I do not know exactly when
Scratch moved to Spur 6521.

Dave