[squeak-dev] How do I debug the debugger?

Jakob Reschke jakob.reschke at student.hpi.de
Tue May 31 20:40:51 UTC 2016

You could start by putting a breakpoint in Debugger
class>>morphicOpenOn:context:label:contents:fullView: or
ToolBuilder>>openDebugger:label:

Also save your image before you start your debugging attempt. The last
time I tried to debug the Debugger, stepping out of the original
context or, in general, pressing the wrong button at the wrong time
gave me countless more debuggers or froze the image. However, if you
only navigate through the ToolBuilder code, you might be better off.