[squeak-dev] "repository editions" is finally permanent!

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Nov 25 11:02:23 UTC 2016

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 3:40 AM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> "repository editions" is finally permanent!

Nice!

> The 'mc history' menu was recently renamed to "browse repository
> editions" because its only "history" if its retrieving them from the
> trunk repository.

I just published a tiny improvement: It now shows the timestamp and
category in the editions list, just like in a method's version history.

Right after publishing I noticed we have two terms in the code base:
"revisions" and now "editions". "Revisions" is an old term (Avi's method
has a 2002 timestamp) but captures the intent just as well as "editions"
I'd think. Maybe we would like to use that in the UI, too?

Actually I may have just introduced "edition" into the code base, in your
code it's mostly named "history". Well, it's all fresh so we can fix it
while it's hot. What do you think?

- Bert -