Re: [squeak-dev] Something like Woden for squeak (since the old OpenGL is not working anymore...)·

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 18:52:57 UTC 2016

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 9:41 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 12:16 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Casimiro,
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 11:55 AM, Casimiro de Almeida Barreto <
>> casimiro.barreto at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there something like Woden in squeak 5.1? OpenGL not working because
>>> B3DAccelerator is not build into current cogvm.
>>>

>> Are you sure? These are my local builds (and read after):
>>

> Looks like they are indeed commented out in the unix ARM and Mac Squeak
> builds (see lines starting with #):
>

>> build.linux32ARMv6/squeak.cog.spur/plugins.ext:#B3DAcceleratorPlugin \
>>

> commented out, maybe because of ARM?
>

>> build.linux32x86/squeak.cog.spur/plugins.ext:B3DAcceleratorPlugin \
>>
> build.linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/plugins.ext:B3DAcceleratorPlugin \
>>

> built on x86 and x64 linux
>

>> build.macos32x86/squeak.cog.spur/plugins.int:# B3DAcceleratorPlugin \
>>

> commented out, maybe because of carbon?
>

>> build.macos64x64/squeak.cog.spur/plugins.int:# B3DAcceleratorPlugin \
>>

> commented out, maybe because of carbon?
>

>> build.win32x86/squeak.cog.spur/plugins.int:B3DAcceleratorPlugin \
>>
> build.win64x64/squeak.cog.spur/plugins.int:B3DAcceleratorPlugin
>>

> built on x86 and x64 Windows
>

>> So if the host build system is correctly configured the
>> B3DAcceleratorPlugin is indeed built and included.
>>

> Guess we need to configure it correctly then :)
>
> Btw, I think commenting out parts of a continued line (ending in backslash
> \) is not a good idea. Better to move the comment to a separate line.

Yes, I hate this feature.  Any volunteers willing to fix it?  As a request
we would like plugins.int and plugins.ext to both me normal files, composed
of separate lines not terminated by a backslash, where any line not
beginning with a # names a plugin to be built.  This affects numerous
clients in the build system on linux (autoconf) but only the Makefiles on
Win and Mac builds.

best, Eliot