[squeak-dev] MQTT for Squeak?

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Sun Oct 30 10:07:14 UTC 2016

Hey!

On 10/30/2016 12:37 AM, tim Rowledge wrote:
> And now I have my ESP8266 with DHT22 temp/humidity sensor publishing
> ok. Arduino c++ is really quite an amazingly unpleasant language. We
> need Smalltalk on these things!

You can always help me with Spry! (sprylang.org)

It's becoming a kind of Smalltalk, and it can easily run in very small
spaces. I know that Espruino (the tiny js interpreter that runs on
ESP8266) needs a similar amount of RAM etc that Spry does.

In fact, I have already made an example where I almost made it all the
way by wrapping Arduino libraries:

https://github.com/gokr/ardunimo

That shows an example in Nim linking happily with the Arduino libraries,
but that means it would be trivially easy to expose it to Spry too.

regards, Göran