[squeak-dev] Happy 20th Birthday Squeak!

Craig Latta craig at blackpagedigital.com
Sun Oct 30 13:15:09 UTC 2016

Hi all--

     Happy 20th birthday to us! It was twenty years ago that Dan Ingalls
and the rest of Alan Kay's team announced Squeak to the world. You
really changed things with this run at the fence. :)  Thanks again!

     To celebrate, I've released version 7 alpha 1 of Context, an
umbrella project for three other ones: Spoon (a minimal object memory),
Naiad (a module system), and Tether (remote messaging). I've also
released a fourth, Snowglobe (app streaming). I've written blog posts
about each of them at thiscontext.com. I'll post the links in future
threads.

     hooray!

-C