[squeak-dev] Re: 20 Years of Squeak

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Sep 7 17:40:22 UTC 2016

> On 07-09-2016, at 9:49 AM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
>> On 07/09/16 15:26, David T. Lewis wrote:
>>> As a separate exercise, it might be fun to compile a list of good
>>> ideas that started in Smalltalk, but were later advertised as amazing
>>> new technology in e.g. Java ;-)
>>
>> Sorry Dave, can't print those on a T-shirt in a readable size.
>>
>> Stephan
>>

> Maybe we could sell them only in extra-long shirt sizes.

I understand there are applications that can take large datasets and create directed graphs to illustrate the connections. I think we might need a very large poster printer to produce a hard-copy version. Like https://charge.wisc.edu/botany/images/Tree_of_life_1000w.png

But I really don’t think anything like every interesting idea is going to fit on a Tshirt. I think probably more like 20 (seems a propitious number) items would be good.

tim
Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers.