[squeak-dev] Make ImageSegments import-only?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 19:56:44 UTC 2016

The original purpose of ImageSegments was to leverage the
garbage-collector in order to have a performant serialization
mechanism, is that right?

Now with Cog/Spur, its performance is probably not as advantageous,
and so the relative cost of its magical implementation, code size,
number of serializers confusion, seems unlikely it will be used by any
new code.