[squeak-dev] Environment declarations vs bindings

Jakob Reschke jakob.reschke at student.hpi.de
Thu Sep 29 13:15:47 UTC 2016

Hi,

Environment>>associationAt: is part of the Smalltalk globals
Dictionary compatibility interface, right? As a quick and dirty fix, I
changed instances of Smalltalk at: xyz in Monticello code to
CurrentEnvironment signal at: xyz, but #at: also only reads in the
declarations, so myEnvironment at: #MCWriter or myEnvironment at:
#Object returns nil by default. It would make more sense to perform a
full lookup via #valueOf:ifAbsent: in #at: and its cousins, wouldn't
it?

Best,
Jakob