[squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Thu Sep 29 21:55:03 UTC 2016

Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24 hours:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2016-September/068974.html

Name: EToys-tfel.259
Ancestors: EToys-tfel.258

Another fix for copying Kedama, KedamaPatches need to reference the copy of their world, too, if that was copied.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2016-September/068975.html

Name: Kernel-nice.798
Ancestors: Kernel-nice.797

Better fix for http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=1554
A class variable defined in a superclass should take precedence over a global variable.

First look in local class variables.
Then look in local sharedPools (a local sharedPool will shadow a super class variable, that sounds fair).
Then look in superclass pools.
When superclass chain is exhausted, look in the Environment that were provided as parameter.

Note that this is mostly squeak 1.x implementation of #scopeHas:ifTrue: (or st-80), except that anEvironment parameter replaces Smalltalk.
This way we avoid duplicate lookup of previous workaround.
And we never ever look in superclass environment, that's not necessarily ours.

This currently breaks some EnvironmentTest because inheriting superclass environment is a cheap and easy way to  import all Smalltalk (unless you are not an Object or ProtoObject of course).
The longest and proper way would be to properly export some symbols from Smalltalk globals, and import them explicitely in the tested environment.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2016-September/068976.html

Name: Kernel-nice.1042
Ancestors: Kernel-tfel.1041, Kernel-nice.798

Merge Kernel-nice.798 (variable scope fix, don't resolve name in superclass environment)

Reminder: this requires some Smalltalk exportSelf.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2016-September/068977.html

Name: Environments-nice.63
Ancestors: Environments-mt.62

Update the class comment of Environment to match current instance variable list.

Update the postscript to export Smalltalk bindings.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2016-September/068978.html

Name: Environments-nice.64
Ancestors: Environments-nice.63

Fix the postscript: it's Smalltalk globals that should be exported...

Note: Environment stack policies without testing if they already exist, so there's a big danger to exportmore than once! There might be undesired side effects (notifying more than once?)

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2016-September/068979.html

Name: EToys-tfel.260
Ancestors: EToys-tfel.259

for performance, write sexp on DataStream

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2016-September/068980.html

Name: EToys-tfel.261
Ancestors: EToys-tfel.260

make ScriptableButtons hold on to their own action scripts, rather than their enclosing paste up morph. Otherwise the button action changes when I drop it in a different world!

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2016-September/068981.html

Name: EToys-tfel.262
Ancestors: EToys-tfel.261

remove a transcript show that was triggered often during compilation of kedama scripts

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2016-September/068982.html

Name: EToys-tfel.263
Ancestors: EToys-tfel.262

- remove two obsolete methods
- forward sendLog to the Debugger

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2016-September/068983.html

Name: Morphic-tfel.1311
Ancestors: Morphic-tfel.1310

- scroll to top if the FillInTheBlankMorph has a lot of text
- translate the title string of FillInTheBlankMorph

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2016-September/068984.html

Name: Tools-tfel.729
Ancestors: Tools-tfel.728

When the system is set to eToyFriendly, the debugger previously offered to store the log of the error in a text file. To help with keeping track of problems for the people who use Etoys, add some facility so we can offer to send error reports to a server set in a preference.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2016-September/068985.html

Name: EToys-tfel.264
Ancestors: EToys-tfel.263

renamed sendLog to sendReport