[squeak-dev] Should a long running image notice daylight saving?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Apr 3 17:34:54 UTC 2017

> On 02-04-2017, at 8:44 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> is this really complicated?

It depends very heavily on the audience the graph is aimed at. Changing to/from DST is fraught enough I guess, maybe the answer for general consumption is just to fudge it out?

> a) UTC is unaffected by timeline so there is a monotonically increasing clock
> b) the difference in intent between
>    Delay forSeconds:
> and something like
>    Delay until:
> should be clear.  One is a duration, the other takes some time stamp.  The time stamp can convey the time zone or its absence and so the utc for the expiry should be determinable no?

There y’go, being all experty again. Haven’t we learnt that Real People just want Simple Answers? Such a pity reality isn’t like that.

tim
Klingon Code Warrior:- 3) "Perhaps it IS a good day to Die!  I say we ship it!"