[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-topa.784.mcz

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 09:53:40 UTC 2017

Adding a note to this very welcome tool added 2 years ago:

The FontImporterTool (=class name, available through the 'Apps' menu)
gives me the result which is attached on Ubuntu 14.04.

Direct fix for Ubuntu
-----------------------------

The FontImporterTool

uses

    TTFileDescription fontPathsDo: aBlock

to find out where to look for TrueType fonts.

For the case of Ubuntu 14.04 this only works if I replace there

    ['unix']		->	[ | base |
			"Standard fonts are in /usr/share/fonts/*"
			base := '/usr/share/fonts'.

with

    ['unix']		->	[ | base |
			"Standard fonts are in /usr/share/fonts/*"
			base := '/usr/share/fonts/truetype'.

How could we fix this in a more general way?

--Hannes