[squeak-dev] ANN: Planet Squeak & friends available for adoption

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Tue Apr 18 21:07:42 UTC 2017

Hi Squeak friends!

about ten years ago I set up the blog aggregators
http://planet.squeak.org, http://planetes.squeak.org,
http://planetjp.squeak.org, http://planetcroquet.squeak.org, and
http://planetmisc.squeak.org, to give more visibility to Squeak-related
blogging and to make it easier to follow with a feed reader.

Blogging activity on the planet has dwindled (for ages it has seemed a
small planet, ruled by the immortal god-emperor Torsten Bergmann -
HAIL!). Of course there might be many new blogs to add, eg
Pharo-related; I haven't been seeking them out.

I still think a site like this concentrating blog feeds in one place is
a good idea.

To improve focus elsewhere, I'm offering this project (and others) for
adoption. It's very low maintenance. You need a VPS or server where you
can run cron jobs and the Planet Venus python software. You could also
spend time adding new feeds, or merging such changes from others. The
source files are in a darcs repo, which I can convert to git if you
prefer. http://hub.darcs.net/simon/planet.squeak.org

Please reply if you're able to take this on. I'll step down as
maintainer at the end of this month, about two weeks from now.

Best wishes,

-Simon