[squeak-dev] The Inbox: EToys-cbc.293.mcz

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 21:29:56 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 9:32 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
wrote:
<snip/>

> Yeah, isn't it fun to untangle a monolithic system? ;)

Not bad if you don't try and change things...

<snip/>

> Anything else lying around?
>>

> There is also the stuff with hasNonStandardPalette and convertARGB etc
> which is only used if there are external forms, but that seems a bit harder
> to remove because the hooks need to be there. I think it's fine to leave
> that as it is, unless you notice something that's easily removable.
>
> There is a new version in the inbox with those 4 method moved.
The rest are doable.  THe right way to do them, I think, is to remove most
of these methods completely from Form. Then, adjust the methods that call
them (in Form) to do the standard form code; and have override varients in
ExternalForm (and/or ExternalScreen) that does the very specific alternates
- or delegates to Form if it should.  Those dependant methods seem to have
a lot of assumptions about what the other variants might be.

I might get to this next week at some point, but I won't promise anything.

-cbc

- Bert -