[squeak-dev] Squeak frozen

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 12:44:01 UTC 2017

Hi Ian,

    what platform are you on?  If you're on Mac OS X you can send SIGUSR1 to the process and a stack trace will be written to stdout that will be visible on the system console.  Of course if you started the system on the command line you'll see the output there.  You can identify the process via

$ ps axww | grep -I squeak

On linux I don't know if the output of a desktop launched app goes anywhere but would expect it to be much like the Mac; there will be a visible output stream somewhere.

On Windows I have no idea but I assume you're not on Windows cuz we don't have the 64-bit JIT VM working there yet.