[squeak-dev] Is there a way to quit/exit Squeak with a return code that can be tested in a .so file?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Apr 28 15:48:00 UTC 2017

> Hi Squeakers,
>
> Is there a way to quit/exit Squeak with a return code that can be tested
> in a .so file?

I think I remember implementing this a long time ago in the Unix VM. I
can't really look further right now but I'll check later and try to give a
better answer.

IIRC, primitiveQuit can take an optional argument that is passed back to
the shell script that in turn gives you an exit code that you can test.
This probably is working right now in the interpreter VM (sorry I can't
check it at the moment). I'm not sure if it's in Cog/Spur, but if not it
can be easily added.

Dave