[squeak-dev] Caffeine :: Livecode the Web!

Craig Latta craig at blackpagedigital.com
Sun Aug 20 06:21:53 UTC 2017

Hi Sean--

     Bernhard wrote:

> I tried it out on Safari on macOS Sierra with all OS updates. At
> first it seemed to work. Then I tried what happens when I refresh.
> Now it does not work anymore. It stops during the „start virtual
> machine…“ phase. Restarting Safari did not help. Any idea how to fix
> that?

     You responded:

> Same here. Seems to be cache related because loading the page in a
> private browsing window makes it work again.

     Aha, some backward compatibility support in the ZIP processing code
for pre-ES6 clients was falling over itself on Safari. (The image,
changes, and sources are initially transmitted in ZIP files.) That code
is in a third-party library, and is complex and large; I haven't gone
through it all yet. Fortunately, the problem only happened when the ZIPs
had already been unpacked, so now I just don't call it in that case.

     Anyway, I can now load and reload successfully on latest
Safari/MacOS, and I updated https://caffeine.js.org/.

     thanks!

-C

--