[squeak-dev] Unable to open pull request via GitHub for squeak.org website repository

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Aug 23 17:31:27 UTC 2017

> On 23-08-2017, at 10:23 AM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>

>> On 23.08.2017, at 19:21, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>>
>> I wanted to revise the Scratch related project section.
>> I cloned the squeak.org repository, opened in githubdesktop, made a branch, edited the relevant md file, saved it, committed it, then tried to open a pull request. Authentication fails. Apparently I’m logged in ok.
>
> Just to rule out the obvious, you first pushed to your fork before you opened the PR, right?

‘obvious’ may not be obvious to a lot of us :-) But in this case, yes, I did because by sheer coincidence we had a small git-forlosers tutorial at our local makerspace last night so I even know some of the buzzwords!

Attempting a ‘push’ also complains about authentication though, so maybe there is a problem with the system lying to me, or me misunderstanderating. The preferences/account tab says I’m signed in.

tim
There are no stupid questions. But, there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.