[squeak-dev] Inbox/Files-monty.172

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 18:47:06 UTC 2017

Hi Tim,

Main request was to avoid case of race condition that can happen when
separating the action (like opening a file) from the query in case of
failure (like was file unwritable?), because another concurrent program
might have changed the file system status in between (think of concurrent
squeak images creating concurrent /tmp/foobar.baz for example).

I have already integrated the necessary VM changes, but it remains to
integrate image side changes.
Last time I checked there were unecessary changes mixed that I'd preferred
to see discussed here, and the fallback code might not work in older VM,
then I came short of spare time...
But in any cases, there are too many .mcz roting in inbox, so I'm glad
another pair of eyes analyze the changes.