[squeak-dev] Inbox/Files-monty.172

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 06:25:06 UTC 2017

Not only my eyes are old, my brain too: here is the original intention of
Monty:

https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pull/140/commits/c1db1eb40b73373b4e4fe6541cda74c8c742edc7

So it avoids file existence test in pre-condition, not in post-condition...
I swear I had seen other changes about passing failure status back to image
for avoiding post-condition tests, but maybe it was not in this batch of
changes.

Forget about all I wrote before, the changes definitely deserve a proper
review.
Maybe check what happens in case someone did not update the VM properly
before applying the image changes...