[squeak-dev] Squeak trunk updates fail

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Dec 1 14:00:12 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 2:42 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 2:39 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Dec 01, 2017 at 02:22:12PM +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

>> point
>> > >

>> > ???It was moved from Kernel to Morphic in Kernel-dtl.1123 and
>> > Morphic-dtl.1362.
>> >
>> > Kernel comes before Morphic in our update map, which would indeed lead
>> > the temporal removal of the method.
>> >
>> > However, MCReorganizationPreloader took care of it in my image.
>> > Object>>currentHand is in changeset mcPreload10, along with currentEvent
>> > and currentWorld.
>> >
>> > I don't know why MCReorganizationPreloader would not have caught this in
>> > another image?
>> >
>> > - Bert -???
>>
>> It looks like I should have added one or two update maps make sure that
>> Kernel-dtl.1123 and Morphic-dtl.1362 get loaded at the same time.
>>
>> I cannot really look at it until about 10 hours from now, so hopefully it
>> is not causing too much disruption.
>>
>> Dave
>>

> ​No, we specifically introduced MCReorganizationPreloader to avoid having
> to manually resolve moves with separate update maps.
>
> I'm sure Tobias will figure it out, we're working on it.

​Yes, found the problem. Nicolas updated only the Kernel package in update
map 422, but not the Morphic package. That means the two are not loaded in
the same update, meaning the methods get actually removed.

421: Kernel-cmm.1114,  Morphic-mt.1350
422: Kernel-nice.1127, Morphic-mt.1350       <= Kernel-dtl.1123 gets loaded
but not Morphic-dtl.1362
423: Kernel-nice.1128, Morphic-dtl.1374

I just replaced the 422 update map. Should be fixed.

- Bert -