[squeak-dev] interrupting a critical: block

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Dec 1 18:32:33 UTC 2017

> So the real issue is what process the user interrupt action should interrupt.

Are we able to present some UI to choose? It could certainly be a bit tricky, but very useful.

Clearly there’s some interesting issues with timing - we couldn’t leave everything running while a normal UI is built, presented and the user chooses since some of our interruptions are attempts to stop a runaway recursion or memory flood. Might a very high priority process that uses bare minimum code to display a list of processes and watches for a mouse/keyboard event work? In principle we can even do it in another host window (remember them?) to avoid disturbing the ‘real’ display.

tim
Foolproof operation:  All parameters are hard coded.