[squeak-dev] Updating official 5.1 images

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 21:57:44 UTC 2017

Hi,
I opened https://github.com/hpi-swa/smalltalkCI/issues/350
for fixing the tests of opensmalltalk-vm for squeak on linux 32bits.

I uploaded the fix into source.squeak.org/squeak51 because I can...

but now I wonder:
- Is it a good policy?
- Do we have some sort of patch number like in semantic versioning?
https://semver.org/
I know we have it in the image thru 'about squeak' menu and latest update
number
The question is more about identifying that from the download site
- Shall we then update the official 5.1 image?
- Shall we keep a stack of successively patched images?
- Who will do it?
- Can the process be automated?