[squeak-dev] Towards a more consistent and sensible implementation of #isAbstract

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 23:01:14 UTC 2017

With objects you should delegate to the the receiver to decide what #=
means -- which in most cases will inherit that default implementation from
Object anyway.  Sending #== is generally bad form.

Converting uses of #= to #== for "performance" is a bad idea except in the
most inner, performance-critical code, and even then, it should be with a
comment.