[squeak-dev] Cryptography/SSH dependencies

henry henry at callistohouse.club
Mon Dec 18 17:10:23 UTC 2017

Thank you both for pointing me to Ian's work, from 2002. I was unable to find this in the SqueakMap Package Loader, but the .cs is informative. I have long wondered where the idea of a LayeredProtocol came from, which I adopted to my Duplex stack with up and down layers, and here it is. I am relieved to see it and I recall finding it. I am just very deficient in knowing how to use it with terminal emulation. I needed to add that to SSH, as that is the basis upon which SSH operates, as a terminal.

I think I am going to readopt SSH, and perhaps SSL, onto the ThunkStack and ThuckLayers which I arrived at in ParrotTalk. So I will be separating the base code from ParrotTalk into a core library package upon which to base SSL, SSH and ParrotTalk (and ParrotOne). I apologize for having broke SSH, yet these changes will have to wait my completion of Raven in Java, so as to achieve Squeak and Java talking distributed objects.

To bring Raven to Java I need to implement STON in Java, which is what I am focused on, at this time. As core classes cannot be extended in Java, I am piggybacking the STON encoding/decoding within the ASN.1 Type Hierarchy. I am stumped how to encode a Dictionary, and am challenged at this time with writing a sequence. My STON implementation is therefore within my ASN.1 library in Java. And so it goes...

Regards,
Henry