[squeak-dev] Copy Up or Copy Down broken for copy down into new categories

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue Dec 19 07:47:10 UTC 2017

Hi Tim, hi Eliot,

sorry to intervene. I fixed this issue in "Tools-mt.779".

Let me take this case to emphasize a serious issue with our new construction interface for Browsers as introduced in mid October. We have to clarify two kinds of configuration when building browsers:

1) Kind of browser being "full" or "system category", "class", or "protocol" / "message category". I think.
2) The kind of elements to select in those browsers: category, class, protocol, message.

At the time of writing, for example, #newOnClass:messageCategory: does not reveal that it constructs a Message Category browser instead of a regular browser with a class and category being selected.

I know that there are #fullOn... methods. Yet, there is not only "full" or "not full" as described before.

Tim, since you approached this topic recently, could you follow it a little bit further? :-)

(Here is an idea: Let's introduce a selection object to pass that stores any combination of category/class/protocol/message to clarify arguments.)

Thanks! Best,
Marcel
Am 19.12.2017 03:37:20 schrieb tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org>:

> On 18-12-2017, at 2:51 PM, Eliot Miranda wrote:
>
> spawnToClass: current version: tpr 10/13/2017 11:00 · commands · Tools-tpr.770

Sorry about that. Aside from anything else I didn’t have much idea what on earth it was supposed to do ab initio and quickly looking at the change it looks like it should do the right thing. I vaguely recall that the whole … EditString: thing was not working before.

Can we try to skype/whatever soon?

tim
Fractured Idiom:- HARLEZ-VOUS FRANCAIS? - Can you drive a French motorcycle?