[squeak-dev] stable VM?

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 21:34:22 UTC 2017

Though, if you analyze the commits, they are essentially bugfixes.
You'll find not so many new features:
- some backports from Pharo VM (rather solid and/or protected by some
#ifdef)
- the Lowcode from Ronie which is essentially separated from the rest of
the VM
- the Sista stuff from Clement

The new garbage collector from Eliot is in a separate branch

So maybe the VM are not blessed, but I don't expect less stability than the
"officially" blessed.
Anyway, do we care of "official" blessing?
What we need is more testing rather than more blessing, otherwise how could
we certify anything?

Of course, it may seem cavalier to ask production guys to be the
beta-tester, but you know that nothing help more...