[squeak-dev] MQTT for Squeak?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Feb 3 23:12:22 UTC 2017

Progress can be reported on my Squeak MQTT client stuff.
I have a client that runs asynchronously, so it lets you keep developing in your image. You can connect, subscribe with qos 0/1/2, publish with qos 0/1/2, unsubscribe, ping (for keep alive) and disconnect.

It’s quite interesting working away on stuff with little message coming in on the Transcript every now and then. I guess one could even use this to make a chat type application… actually, isn’t this pretty much Slack in Squeak? And every other message app?

T’ain’t finished yet; unacknowledged packets need to be retried and a helpful external api so a user can actually make sensible use of incoming data would be nice.

tim
Strange OpCodes: IAM: Increase Amperage Above Maximum