[squeak-dev] Resuming a SocketStream after a ConnectionClosed exception?

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Wed Feb 15 14:18:34 UTC 2017

Hi Tim,

>>Might it be better to have the socket reading process at a higher priority?

>This probably won't do any good because once you have issued the read, higher priority won't
>read any faster and if there isn't and data to read, it won't show up any faster.  Also,
>waiting for the data may relinquish the CPU.

On second thought, there could be a reason for either process to have a higher priority than
the other but it has little to do with the sockets.  If the code that processes the "read" data
takes a lot longer to work on it than the "write" process takes to create the data, than it
should have a higher priority.  Or if the "write" process takes longer to create the data than
the "read" code takes to work on what it has read, than it should have a higher priority.

I'm sure this is nothing new to you, it is just that when mixed in with sockets, things get
confusing.

Lou
--
Louis LaBrunda