[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Monticello-mva.662.mcz

Milan Vavra vavra_milan at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 14:53:17 UTC 2017

> I was excited to test this, it is something that's bugged me for some time.

Glad to hear that.

> Hm, it seems like its a *little* better, but still not really able to
> filter the repository list..  It still wants to download a new mcz on
> every keystroke.

It got me a *little* disappointed to hear you think it is a *little*
better. I wonder what made you think that. Yes it did not fix the
downloading but that is a separate issue. Since the downloading does get in
the way you would have to placate it by playing along. Say you wanted to
see all versions by author cmm. You would have to type c, then wait for the
downloading to finish. Then type cm and wait for the downloading to finish.
Then cmm and wait for the downloading to finish. But after it did the list
would be filtered. So it were quite able to filter the list. With caveats.

> I was thinking that the filtering feature, maybe for this pane only
> (based on some new boolean switch in the Model), could wait a
> half-second before initiating the filter.  Every keystroke would reset
> the half-second timer..

Thanks for the idea of delaying the download of the selected version in the
remote repository browser. It got me thinking.

I do not currently know how to fix the downloading issue but I'll see if I
can figure out some way of doing that.

Best Regards,

Milan Vavra