[squeak-dev] Revised fix for indexOfSubCollection:startingAt:ifAbsent (was Re: The Inbox: Network-tonyg.186.mcz)

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Feb 23 19:47:33 UTC 2017

Hi Levente,

On 02/23/2017 01:48 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> I'd rather see the implementation of SequenceableCollection >>
> #indexOfSubCollection:startingAt:ifAbsent: changed to accept the invalid
> indices and just evaluate exceptionBlock when the needle was not found -
> the same way String's implementation behaves.

Thanks for the review!

I've uploaded:
 - CollectionsTests-tonyg.275, which adds some tests for the method
 - Collections-tonyg.733.1 (sorry for the branch, avoids conflict with
   the recent .734 of mine), which fixes the tests and also fixes the
   tests that were added in NetworkTests-tonyg.44

I didn't make the other changes you suggest, because I wanted to limit
the scope of the changes to just the bug fixes for now.

Do you think the proposed changes are acceptable now?

Regards,
  Tony