[squeak-dev] Packaging

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Mon Feb 27 20:41:19 UTC 2017

Am 27.02.2017 um 21:12 schrieb Tobias Pape:
> On 27.02.2017, at 21:01, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> There's currently no actual advantage in having the AIO apart from
> supporting people like me who
> are reluctant decision makers… ;)
>
> Let's be frank, putting the AIO on an USB stick and running from that on different platform is really really seldom…
And when I tried just this it didn't work out of the box on Linux
because I' didn't know what all to make executable.
Never tried on my wife's Mac. But I really carry Squeak from Windows to
Windows and would do the same to other OS.

So Yes to an AIO if it works everywhere from an USB stick or FLASH card
because then Squeak would be physically portable.
But No ATM it's too much hassle.

Cheers,

Herbert