[squeak-dev] PluggableMultiColumnListMorph>getListItem:

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Feb 28 20:19:14 UTC 2017

The SoundLibraryToolMorph breaks if you try to get the yellow menu.

The root cause is likely to do with the amazingly convoluted pile of code that gets run to try to add menu options from every morph in the entire universe, whether related to the tool or not. That appears to be something to do with EToys but I don’t know and don’t much care. Just take a look at Morph>yellowButtonActivity: And maybe Morph>allStringsAfter:

The lower level issue is that the #getListItem: code pays no attention to the way that the list is actually a list of lists that contain (supposedly) related items and so asking a list of 2 list of 18 entries for the 4th entry will never really work out well. I was about to try out a fix for that when I noticed that the code seems to be unable to make up its mind whether the list is of actual objects that will be used later or simply pre-cooked strings. Should this return a collection of each entry in the corresponding row, like #getListRow:, or a list of string for each of those, or a string composited from those? Does anyone know what this is *meant* to do?

tim
Useful random insult:- His seat back is not in the full upright and locked position.