[squeak-dev] I was surprised

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Tue Jan 3 18:22:53 UTC 2017

Hi Bob,

It is the same in VA Smalltalk.  The code of false>>| is:

| aBoolean

	"Answer true if either the receiver or aBoolean
	 is true; answer false otherwise."

	^aBoolean

This is about as simple an implementation as one can have.  Anything else would require testing
the class of the parameter (aBoolean) adding a fair amount of overhead for what I think is very
little gain.  I expect the error would be found soon anyway when the result is sent an #ifTrue:
like message.

Lou

--
Louis LaBrunda