[squeak-dev] What is the squeak equivalent of VA Smalltalk's ObjectLoader and ObjectDumper?

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Wed Jan 11 19:37:28 UTC 2017

Hi,

formerly I used ReferenceStream, SmartReferenceStream. Format is binary
and not necessary compatible over image versions.

readTrainingsSamples
     "read the class var TrainingsSamples from a file using
ReferenceStreams "
     | rr |
     rr := ReferenceStream fileNamed: 'trainingssamples.obj'.
     TrainingsSamplesFehlerkategorien  trainingsSamples:  rr next.
     rr close.
     rr := nil

writeTrainingsSamples
     "write the class var TrainingsSamples to a file using ReferenceStreams"

     | rr |
     rr := ReferenceStream fileNamed: 'trainingssamples.obj'.
     rr nextPut: TrainingsSamplesFehlerkategorien  trainingsSamples .
     rr close.
     rr := nil

Nowadays I use JSON for this.

Cheers,