[squeak-dev] What is the squeak equivalent of VA Smalltalk's ObjectLoader and ObjectDumper?

Edgar De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 11:01:21 UTC 2017

Lou
I attach here some methods I using from a long time and let exchange serialized objects between Squeak, Cuts and Pharo (until 2.0 as they remove RefereneStream)

You could do wonderful tricks
X saveOnFileNamed: fileName export X  as fileName.obj
Drag and drop this in any .image which have this .cs and and Inspector rise letting you play with it.
Example.
I have a Squeak derived thing running www.squeakros.org <http://www.squeakros.org/> on a Power Mac G4of 1989
uer: visita
pass: (let this in blank)

inside i convert all swiki page to .obj
DivagacionesIndex is the class which lets me find , delete, rename the “pages”
Today DivagacionesIndex have 5786 pages as I use the system also

export
	"DivagacionesIndex export"
	self compact.
	self default saveOnFileNamed: 'DivagacionesIndex' , DateAndTime now asUnixTime asString

import: aDictionary
	"DivagacionesIndex import: self"
	Default := aDictionary
I have a running in the alpha based in a fork of Cuis 3.2 reduced and is easy export from Squeak to Cuis if i need.
Also for the users of system
DivagacionesUsers getDataBase explore gives 202 OrderedCollections with user name, email, password

As you see is a real use case.
Maybe Herbert have a complex use of JSON , which I also have nice examples to share with all

Feel free to send direct mail if you wish or I could chat on Skype,IRC,Facebook,Slack
Cheers
Edgar
@morplenauta